All information is contained in the application packs associated with the job adverts below. If no vacancies are visible please check back at a later date.
Should you have any queries please contact the Personnel Officer, Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, BN7 2XN.
Telephone: 01273 476231 Ext 211 , Fax: 01273 486922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot accept CVs. If applying for a job you must send in the East Sussex application form contained within the job pack.
You can download our Recruitment Privacy Notice below.
Required to start as soon as possible
The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint an Examinations Officer who will be responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of external and internal examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies. This includes leading on all aspects of the examination process:
· Logistical planning and management of examinations
· Production and review of policy, guidance and procedures
· Regulatory compliance
· Pastoral work with students and parents
· Supporting SENCO with access arrangements and managing additional arrangements on exam days in compliance with regulations
· Recruitment, training, timetabling and management of invigilation team
· Strong administrative and computing skills
· Local and national networking
· Willingness to deliver and participate in student, staff and parent information events
· Ability to manage, influence and motivate staff (and staff training)
· Ability to work independently and calmly under pressure
· Strong communication skills
· Strong organisational skills
It is essential that you can be flexible with start and finish times during the exam period.
This position is for 37 hours per week term time only, plus inset days and 5 days in the holidays. The salary grade is Single Status Grade 8, points 20 – 22, £22,966 - £24,805 (actual salary £19,909 - £21,504 a year).
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 17th May 2019 at 9.00 a.m.
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 23rd May 2019 (morning)
Teacher of Geography
Teacher of Geography
Main/Upper Pay Scale
Required from September 2019
Priory is a very successful school with an excellent reputation. The school is consistently oversubscribed yet has a genuinely comprehensive intake. The Governors of this successful school seek to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring Teacher of Geography, on a permanent, full time basis from September 2019.
The Humanities area currently comprises of the following subjects: History, Geography, Classics, Latin, RS, Critical Thinking, Life Skills and Sociology. The successful candidate will have the ability to teach Geography at KS3 and KS4 and a least one other humanities subject at KS3.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a commitment to high expectations, with the ability to inspire and challenge students;
- Develop targeted learning resources to support the diverse make up of the student body;
- Have a proven track record of impacting upon students' learning;
- The ability to teach Geography at KS3 and KS4 and a least one other humanities subject at KS3;
- Have a clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Have Qualified Teacher Status;
The salary grade is Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale £23,720 to £39,406. The post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 20 May 2019 at 9.00 a.m.
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded below.