All information is contained in the application packs associated with the job adverts below. If no vacancies are visible please check back at a later date.
Should you have any queries please contact the Personnel Officer, Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, BN7 2XN.
Telephone: 01273 476231 Ext 211 , Fax: 01273 486922, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, we cannot accept CVs. If applying for a job you must send in the East Sussex application form contained within the job pack.
You can download our Recruitment Privacy Notice below.
Student Support Advisor
PRIORY SCHOOL, LEWES, EAST SUSSEX
MIXED 11-16 COMPREHENSIVE
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVISOR
£19,909 to £21,504 a year, term time
Under guidance from the Assistant Headteacher (Personal Development and Safety), the post holder will be required to work directly with young people and their families, liaise with school staff and external agencies, to bring about positive change to the young person’s behaviour for learning and or attendance. The Student Support Advisor will deliver a variety of individual and group-based interventions to students and their families, which will help move them forward, raising their aspirations and belief in their capacity to change their own lives.
The contract is a permanent, term time only, 37 hours a week, 8.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Thursday and 3.30 p.m. on Friday, plus inset days and 5 days over the holiday period. The grade is Single Status Grade 8, point 20 to 22, £22,966 to £24,805. The actual yearly salary is £19,909 to £21,504.
It is essential that the successful applicant has:
- proven experience of supporting children or young people and their families
- the ability to establish meaningful positive relationships quickly
- the confidence to help those with behavioural and/or attendance concerns
- flexibility, resilience and ability to focus on finding solutions to the issues and problems young people and their families face
- a well-established range of strategies for coping with possible challenging situations
- the ability to work as a member of a team with educational and other professionals, both from within and outside the school;
- the commitment to improving the provision offered for our students through rigorous professional self-review and development;
- own transport in order to travel to meet with students and their families.
Closing date for receipt of completed application form is: Monday, 4 November 2019
Interview Date: Thursday, 14 November 2019
Full details of the post and an application form can be downloaded directly from our school website at www.priory.e-sussex.sch.uk under ‘Staff Vacancies’.
They are also available from Personnel at Priory School, Mountfield Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2XN. Telephone: 01273 476231 extension 211 or email: email@example.com
Please return application forms to the Personnel Officer at the above address or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you have not received a response within 2 weeks of the closing date then we regret that your application has not been successful.