Cycling to School
Priory School wishes to encourage its students to cycle to school as an aid to promote and improve health and fitness.
All bicycles brought to school must be locked securely in the school’s cycle shelter.
It recommends that students always:
- - Wear a correctly fitted cycle helmet.
- - Use appropriate reflective clothing and bike lights in conditions of poor visibility.
- - Ensure that bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
- - Ride sensibly and follow the Highway Code, which includes giving clear signals of intent.
- - Use safe crossing points and dismount to cross roads.
All cyclists have a responsibility to be courteous to other road users and not to behave in any way that may compromise the safety of other road users or pedestrians.
School Admissions and Transport Team - For issues about whether your child is eligible for free or assisted school transport
0345 60 80 190
Passenger Transport Team - For issues about travel arrangements
0345 60 80 194
School travel plans
Brighton and Hove Buses
03451 27 29 20
East Sussex Cycling Directory - East Sussex council's directory on cycling.
Travel Choice - TravelChoice.org's aim is to integrate both public and private transport modes and to promote sustainable forms of travel - it's about giving everyone choice and helping users to identify alternative ways of travelling from A to B.
Choice ID Card
East Sussex has introduced the Choice ID card. It is a free scheme that allows under 19's to purchase a weekly ticket to travel on almost any bus anywhere in East Sussex for seven days in a row, even weekends.
More information - Choice ID Flyer